Hi everybody! I’ve been noticing that some users are having a difficult time removing their stories from publications. I’ve seen it a handful of times now and it’s a fairly simple process so here is a quick little tutorial (I’m not actually going to remove this piece, I’m just using it for illustration).
- Click on your picture on the upper left corner of your screen and click on “drafts and stories”.
2. Go to “public” under stories and find your story (mine is titled “A Haiku”). Click the arrow on the right side under your story and click “edit”.
3. Now that you’re in edit mode, click on the “…” (or as fancy people say, ellipsis) and your first option should be “Remove story from publication”, as seen below. Click that.
4. When you click “Remove story from publication”, you’ll see a small popup like the one below. Click on the bubble that says “Remove from [publication name]”.
5. Now that you’ve clicked the grey bubble above (“Remove from [publication name]”), you’ll be prompted one last time to see if this is what you want to do. This is your last chance to turn back. Click “Remove” if you still want your piece removed from the publication, or click “Cancel” if you’ve changed your mind (which is what I did since I want to keep the haiku in the publication).
And that’s it! The change should be immediate and reflected on both your story’s page and the publication’s page if they featured it. I hope this helped! Let me know if you have any questions.